Banda de Lalin from Spain, conducted by dutchman Bram Sniekers, recorded a world premiere of the Symphonic Suite Pinocho (Ferrer Ferran). After a very well performance on last WMC, the band got many positive critics about the piece of the wooden boy who wants to become a real boy. The 4 parts of the Symphony:
Pinocho - Suite sinfónica (Ferrer Ferrán)
1. I. Pinocho, Geppetto and the Cricket that speaks.
2. II. The beautiful Girl of the Hairs Turquoise.
3. III. The Mount of the Miracles. Trumpet Soloist: Esteban Batallán Cons
4. IV. The Country of the Toys. The Shark. Already a Boy
5. El Arca de Noé - Poema sinfónico (Oscar Navarro)
6. Xenia Sarda (Hardy Mertens)
7. La Primitiva - Pasodoble de Concierto (Jef Penders)
The musicians of the Windband of Lalín with their conductor Bram Sniekers have realized an excellent version from my composition “Pinocho”. An atractive performance, well treated, with feeling for detail and musical sentiment. Many thanks for this recording, which is a reference for conductors, maestros and all the people who love music. Ferrer Ferrán, July 2009
The band has won several prices during important contests, such as Pontevedra (2x) and Altea. Due to the concerts in South America and performances leaded by famous conductors and composers, the band is well-known in Spain and abroad.